Skirts are one of the most feminine looking garments, which offer matchless comfort and style! They are ideal for all age groups and come in different lengths, cuts and patterns to flatter every figure. But did you know that the humble skirt has its origins in the pre-historic era? Yes! Many records suggest that early humans used some material wrapped around their bodies, which evolved into the modern skirt! Fast forward to 2021, many new style skirts for women, which range from a cute mini to a flowy maxi, are available to spoil you with choices. If you are a true-blue fan of skirts, these designs are sure to allure you.
Features of Skirts:
If you thought a skirt is just a piece of garment hanging down from the waist, well, you are living in the past! Today, Skirts take the main share of women’s clothing line and come in myriad designs and patterns. Here are some of the characteristic features of a modern skirt:
- A skirt starts from the waistline down to the knee. It is secured by an elastic waistband to keep it in place.
- Depending on the waist area where the elastic line sits, skirts can be either high-rise, mid-rise or low-rise.
- The lengths can vary from a micro skirt (hemline on the upper thigh), mini skirt (hemline on the lower thigh), Knee-length (hemline on the knee), Midi Skirt (hemline below the knee), Maxi (hemline on the ankle or below it).
- There are different skirts, ranging from a straight cut, A-line, Mermaid, Bodice, Cowl, Asymmetric, Tulip, Pencil etc.
- Skirts can come in either plain, printed, textured or embroidered.
- Various materials like denim, georgette, crepe, chiffon, net, brocade etc., are used for making different types of skirts.
How to Choose the Right Skirt Style for Your Body Type?
A skirt is not a one-style suits-all garment! It would help if you chose the style wisely; else, there is a high chance that you might end up wearing an ill-fitted outfit. So, here are some expert tips that can help you buy the right skirt for your body type:
- Petite: You are lucky to have a slim figure! Show off those gorgeous legs in mini and knee-length skirts. However, stay away from maxis and long length hemlines to avoid getting “drowned” in your outfit.
- Hourglass: Do you have a dreamy hourglass figure like Kim Kardashian? Then, go ahead and pick a pencil skirt with a flattering fit to show off those gorgeous curves. Choose slim fit skirts over flowy ones to avoid looking over the top.
- Pear-Shaped: Triangular, this body type can be identified by a wider hip that shoulder and waistline. So, go for A-line skirts which balance your figure and create volume on the lower body. Go for flared models instead of bodycon to avoid looking bulky.
- Athletic: Athletic figures have rectangular bodies which are straight from top to bottom. People of this body type can carry off any skirt. Short hemlines work the best to show that beautiful figure.
- Inverted Triangle: This is the opposite of a triangular figure in which the top is wider than the hips. A-line and asymmetric skirts work well to balance this image and get a proportional look.
- Apple or Oval: Apple bodies have a broader middle area balanced with A-line and short length skirts.
Stunning and Best Skirt Designs For Women with Different Styles:
Let’s see the top 35 beautiful skirts, patterns and images for Women in India.
1. Denim Pencil Skirt:
Get a sleek and sporty look in this light blue washed denim pencil skirt. It is a mid-rise model with a zip closure on the back side. The knee-length skirt is ideal for getting an effortlessly casual look. It is also quite versatile for styling and can be paired with most of the tops in your wardrobe. There is also a little back slit for comfort and added style!
- Design: Blue Washed Denim Pencil Skirt
- Fabric: Polyester
- Body Type: Hourglass, Curvy
- Occasion: Casual Day Out
- Wear With: Tops, T-shirts and Crop Tops
- Style Tip: Pair it with white sneakers to get a cool vibe.
2. Mini Ruffle Skirt:
This blue mini ruffle skirt can kick out the mid-week blues! The layered look matches your playful mood and dances according to your tunes. Coming to the features, the dark blue above-the-knee skirt is touched with layers of ruffles on the front. Zip closure on the back secures the skirt in place. Also, it comes with attached shorts on the inside to let you enjoy the day in peace!
- Design: Navy Blue Layered Skirt with Ruffles
- Fabric: Polyester
- Body Type: Rectangle, Petite
- Occasion: Outings with Friends
- Wear With: Volume Sleeves Tops, Jackets and T-shirts
- Style Tip: Layer it with a jacket for added style.
3. Pleated Long Skirt:
In the mood for some florals? Then check out this pleated, long length skirt that adds a touch of spring to your look. The flowy crepe fabric features a bright and beautiful floral print that can uplift your spirits on even the dullest of days. You need not worry about choosing the right match with many colours on this skirt and pair it from a neutral tone top to a flashy neon one!
- Design: Pink and Blue Floral Printed Pleated Skirt
- Fabric: Crepe
- Body Type: Pear Shaped and Athletic
- Occasion: Day Outings and Weekend Dressing
- Wear With: T-shirts, Tops and Fitting Blouses
- Style Tip: Choose simple footwear for an effortless look.
4. Straight Skirt with Side Slit:
Accentuate that gorgeous waistline with this grey skirt with an oversized elastic waistband. Along with making you look slimmer than the usual size, the skirt can also balance out your figure and make it look proportional. It starts from a little higher than your regular waistline and ends on the knee level. The side slit gives a lengthy appearance, along with giving enough room to walk!
- Design: Grey Textured Straight Skirt with Side Slit
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Hourglass, Apple
- Occasion: Movie Dates, Casual Gatherings
- Wear With: Tank Tops, Fitting T-Shirts
- Style Tip: Wear it with strappy heels to get a dressy look.
5. Midi Flared Skirt:
Shoot a twirling boomerang video in this dainty skirt, and watch as your page gets flooded with likes and comments! The dusty pink skirt features accordion pleats with a black elastic waistband. It has an attached lining and a flared hemline to enjoy a moment of twirl. This stylish flared skirt is best worn with a crop top to amp the glam factor.
- Design: Dusty Pink Accordion Pleat Flared Skirt
- Fabric: Poly-Georgette
- Body Type: Pear Shaped
- Occasion: Outings, Weekend Parties
- Wear With: Jumpers, Crop Tops, Fitted Shirts
- Style Tip: Team it with a pair of high heels.
6. Maxi Tiered Skirt:
Get a boho vibe with this black floral printed long skirt! The super-soft, viscose skirt features a tiered pattern with a tight-fitting yoke on the hips and a flared hemline. The addition of earthy and neutral tones to this outfit adds an attractive look. This style suits women who are tall and slim, as it lends them some volume and definition.
- Design: Floral Printed Maxi Skirt
- Fabric: Polyester
- Body Type: Slim, Curvy
- Occasion: Weekend Brunches, Shopping Trips
- Wear With: Fitted T-shirts, Crop Tops and Shirts
- Style Tip: Wear it with a pair of heel shoes to add more inches to your length.
7. High Waisted Tulle Skirt:
Tulle skirts are one of the most popular styles in the skirt segment. The typical ballerina looks that they lend you feel like a little girl in a fairyland. Tulle skirts work the best in nude colours like this muted greyish blue with contrast coloured spotted print. The high waist elastic band lends a flattering look to your body.
- Design: Blue Printed Pleated Tulle Skirt
- Fabric: Polyester
- Body Type: Pear Shaped, Petite
- Occasion: Coffee Meetups, Brunches, Movie Dates
- Wear With: Cap Sleeved Tops, Pastel Coloured Tees
- Style Tip: Team it with ballerina shoes to look stunning.
8. Striped A-Line Skirt:
If there is one trend that never goes out of fashion, it’s the stripes! This navy striped blue and white A-line skirt can kick in the weekend mood with its relaxed look. The slanting lines give the illusion of a slimmer and proportionate body. The pleated waistline with a tie-up belt accentuates your figure and amp up the glam factor.
- Design: Striped A-Line Midi Skirt with Waist Tie-Up
- Fabric: Crepe
- Body Type: Pear Shaped, Curvy
- Occasion: Weekend Brunches, Day outings
- Wear With: Plain T-shirts and Tops in Neutral Colors
- Style Tip: Wear a hat to get that timeless Navy look.
9. Leather Skater Skirt:
This sultry leather skirt is specially made from petite teens who love a pinch of glam and comfort. The glossy skater skirt is made with faux leather and features a high-waisted circular band. The flared hemline ends on the upper thigh to mimic the ice skater dress. This high-on-shine skirt also had a concealed zip on the back side.
- Design: Black Solid Mini Skater Skirt for Women
- Fabric: Faux Leather
- Body Type: Petite, Athletic
- Occasion: Informal Events, Casual Outings
- Wear With: Crop Tops, Fitted Tees
- Style Tip: Pick ankle-length boots and a slim backpack to complete the look.
10. Jean Skirt with Front Slit:
If you are looking for a clean and refined skirt that blurs the fine line between formal and informal dressing, then take a look at this one! The dark blue panelled denim skirt is an ideal pick for Friday office dressing. Throw on a funky tie-up top and watch it transform into a relaxed weekend outfit. This skirt features a front slit, two side pockets and a narrow hemline.
- Design: Navy Blue Denim Skirt with Front Slit for Women
- Fabric: Cotton Lycra
- Body Type: Hourglass, Curvy
- Occasion: Friday Work Place, Weekend Outings
- Wear With: Button-Down Shirts, Blouses and T-shirts
- Style Tip: Throw on a bomber jacket and wear leather boots for a dramatically different look.
11. Pencil Skirt:
The pencil skirt is a figure complementing skirt, which ladies like to wear commonly as a casual and a formal skirt. In a formal skirt, the pencil line ladies skirts come in Cotton mixed material. For a casual wear Pencil skirt, commonly seen the material is the jersey. Jersey material is easy to carry and stretchable.
12. Broomstick Skirt:
Broomstick skirts for women are very comfortable to wear skirts since this type of skirt is not a body-hugging pattern. The length of the skirt is usually knee-length. The waistline has a broad strip, and then the material flares out, which looks like a flared broomstick. This kind of skirt patterns goes well with a body-hugging t-shirt. Since the skirt is not a body fitting pattern, it is good to combine a tight shirt with a flared skirt.
13. Bubble Skirt:
Bubble skirts are really cute skirts that became fashionable among small kids; later, designers brought out the same pattern for modern young girls and ladies. This skirt consists of two material, the inner lining and the colourful outer fabric, mostly cotton or synthetic mixed material, which can hold the skirt well in place around the thigh region. The skirt is made of a waistband so that the skirt material is stitched together; the most prominent part is the lower end of the skirt, where the material is stitched inside the lining, and the seam will not be visible. When the skirt, the outlook will look like a bubble. This type of skirt goes well for a party or casual wear with a t-shirt.
14. Circular Skirt:
Circular skirt became popular from the Hollywood side. During the 70´s Hollywood actress worn it commonly, which later became a fashion and the fashion spread along with the eastern and western parts of the world. Circular skirts are made of a single fabric with a thick waistband attached to the circular framed skirt material. The circular cut is made using precise measurement, which requires a good amount of practice. The skirt goes well as partywear with a t-shirt and a pair of flat shoes or pumps high heel shoes.
15. Gored Skirt:
In a Gored type of Skirt wherein the upper part of the skirt is body-hugging, the lower end of the skirt flares out like frills. This type of skirt is popular among ladies who like to wear body-hugging clothing accessory. The material used in designing this skirt is usually bright synthetic fabric material. This skirt comes with an inner lining to hold the outer fabric in place.
16. Dirndl Skirt:
This is one of the famous traditional skirts in European countries, worn during a Beer festival in Germany. Dirndl skirts are usually knee-length skirts fitted around the waist region. It is usually made from a single fabric material, and the seam is seen on the side or at the back.
17. Slit Skirt:
Slit skirts became popular since the ’80s, and still, it is one of the most loved designs among female. The slit is designed usually on the side of the skirt. The length of the skirt determines the slit length too.
See More: Ladies Designer Skirts
18. Cowl Skirt:
This type of skirt has become quite famous among the young and middle-aged crowd. The length of the skirt makes it look more attractive and also the cuts of the skirt. The skirt has a tight fit around the waistline and becomes less body-hugging as it runs down.
19. 8-Panel Skirt:
This type of clothing is casual wear, and it can be for party wear if the material is in satin or Jacquard. The design of the skirt is unique and quite simple. The waistband is board along with the panel attachment, which makes it look like saree pleats.
20. Godet Skirt:
This Godet Skirt design is very popular in European countries and in the states, which has become popular in Asian countries. The skirt has a body-hugging design seen around the waist and the mid-thigh region. Later it flares just below the mid-thigh region.
21. Flounce Skirt:
Flounce skirts are quite a popular semi-formal and casual skirt, mostly worn by middle age ladies. This is a knee-length skirt that goes well with a pair of formal blouse and heels.
22. Trumpet Skirt:
In the trumpet design, which is similar to the flounce skirt design, the only differentiating feature is the baggy cut design seen at the skirt’s bottom. The skirt is designed as a body-hugging fit that falls just above the knee level and flares out. The trumpet skirt is best suited with a pair of boots to give a country wear outlook.
23. Box-Pleated Skirt:
A box-pleated skirt is a typical formal skirt that is made from cotton and linen mixed material. The plaid material used in making this box-pleated skirt is usually considered a formal skirt that can combine with a pair of boots and a casual dress.
24. Prairie Skirt:
This simple box pleated skirt design is a traditional skirt design usually made from firm fabric material with lining inside. The box pleat is quite prominent, which makes the skirt look more elegant. The length of the skirt is usually knee level.
25. Layered Skirt:
It is considered casual or party wear. With material like linen, the skirt looks more trendy and semi-casual to wear. This type of skirt can be worn along with a simple blouse and a pair of high heel boots. The layered skirt goes well as a party wear skirt. The layers are formed using cutting the fabric into thin layers and forming a skirt pattern.
26. Tulle Skirt:
The material of the skirt gives a special signature design that gives a royal outlook. The material used in designing the dress is Net and satin. The net and the satin colour is similar, which compliments each other very well.
See More: Latest Skirts In Jeans
27. Round Skirt:
The round skirt design requires precise cutting of the material, which requires a good amount of practice and patience. The skirt design is unique in that you can wear this as casual as well as party wear. The round shape of the skirt is achieved due to its circular cut.
28. Handkerchief Skirt:
A handkerchief designed skirt is very a formal clothing accessory. The cut and the material used is what makes the skirt design very eye-catchy. The skirts’ sides drop down like a V-Shape, which makes it look like a Handkerchief folding.
29. Wrap-Around Skirt:
Wrap around skirt is a very commonly worn skirt type by all women from all age group. The skirt is very simple to wear, which can give a comfortable feel throughout the day. The material used in designing the skirt is usually Synthetic and also Suede material.
30. Straight Slit Skirt:
This skirt is very similar to the Pencil skirt, but straight skirts are less tight and fall in the straight line downward, making it look loose around the knee region. Straight skirts are fitted at the hip region and fall loose around the knee, making them more comfortable walking. It is considered casual or party wear. With material like linen, it can be used as official wear. This type of skirt can also be worn by bottom-heavy or larger stomach ladies since it is not tight around the waistline.
31. Sarong Skirt:
It’s a sheet of fabric, usually synthetic material, that does not need any special stitching pattern. It is generally wrapped around the waistline and knotted to stabilise. This type of skirt is usually beachwear.
32. Summer Special Skirt:
This is one of the famous summer skirts in western countries; this is a short style in skirts’ pattern collection. Girls who are comfortable and easy to manage with skirts in the summer season will always be a good choice. This skirt can be worn as a casual wear skirt too and just worn during a festive season. This type of skirt goes well with sneakers or with boots too.
33. Tulip Cut Skirt:
Tulip cut skirt is a trendy skirt design that is similar to the wrap-around skirt. The main difference is the centre slit seen at the centre, which gives a wrap-around design. The length of the skirt is usually above knee level.
34. Accordion Skirt:
In the skirt’s accordion-type, the skirt’s pleats differentiate from the other type of skirt design. The material used in designing the skirt is usually synthetic. The skirt is completely designed as a pleated skirt. This type of skirt goes well for tall girls in general to its full-length body fitting feature.
35. Mermaid Skirt:
This type of skirt is a typical wedding or party wear attire. The material used in designing the skirt is chiffon, georgette or any high-quality material. The mermaid skirt goes well for a well-toned body figure. The mermaid skirt goes well with a tight fit crop top or a sleeveless body-hugging top.
See More: Maxi Skirts For Women
Skirts will always be in fashion by retaining as on the most worn clothes and tops the ladies’ priority list for shopping and a place for it in her wardrobe. Since full-length skirts go well even with a simple top or a sweatshirt with ballets or flat sandals or a mini skirt which goes well with a crop top and a pair of high heel boots, ladies like to wear skirts daily. The comfortability provided by the skirt is too good that wearing jeans is considered a time-consuming task.
Baca Juga : Harga Pintu Aluminium